- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2016-003
- Project: Open Atrium (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2016-January-27
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:None/A:None/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Open Atrium allows you to control access via a hierarchy of public and private spaces and sub-spaces. If a public sub-space is created within a private parent-space, the content nodes of the public sub-space are accessible to users who are not members of the parent private space.
This issue only affects sites that use private sub-spaces.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Open Atrium 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.53.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Open Atrium module, there is nothing you need to do.
- Upgrade to the latest version, 7.x-2.53
If you are not able to fully upgrade to the latest version, ensure private sub-spaces are directly marked as private and are not seen publicly in a private parent space.
Also see the Open Atrium project page.
- Mike Potter, Open Atrium maintainer.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity