- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-2007-005
- Project: Drupal core
- Version: 4.7.x, 5.x
- Date: 2007-Jan-29
- Security risk: Highly critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Arbitrary code execution
Previews on comments were not passed through normal form validation routines, enabling users with the ‘post comments’ permission and access to more than one input filter to execute arbitrary code. By default, anonymous and authenticated users have access to only one input format.
Immediate workarounds include: disabling the comment module, revoking the ‘post comments’ permission for all users or limiting access to one input format.
- Drupal 4.7.x before version 4.7.6.
- Drupal 5.x before version 5.1.
Install the latest version:
- If you are running Drupal 4.7.x then upgrade to Drupal 4.7.6.
- If you are running Drupal 5.0 then upgrade to Drupal 5.1.
The Drupal security team.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.